Day at the beach by Noel.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Busy busy days yesterday and today. I went to Santa Barbara yesterday for more chemo and marrow testing, all went semi-well. My sister did have to return home to North Dakota=(. Today was an exceptional day to have for recovery. I started my morning off with a delicious breakfast with my grandparents out in my backyard, my Papa and I got to hang out by the pool and watch our favorite movie together (Fantastic Mr. Fox). It was just like old times when I was younger and my Papa and I spent every moment together. To make everything better I got to swim finally today with my mom and Emma, and the weather was perfect the whole time. I even got a visit from my Aunt, Uncle and cousin too. We all sat outside just hanging out and playing card games, and as I thought it was time to hit the hay I got another surprise. An air-hockey table was set up for the family in my house, so of course I had to play a few games against the family. WOW what a day! Well I know I will sleep great tonight though. Church tomorrow and a dart-board possibly too(= Minor set-back in therapy right now, nothing I can't handle though. I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but I have a rare type of A.L.L and Monosomy 7 gene that is being studied right now. But I am worry free, I am in God's hands and in great care so I don't blink an eye or shed any tears. I would like to thank Vic's Cafe, again, for more hot wings and Paul and Valerie (whom I consider family) for the fun and competitive air- hockey table.

8 comments:

  1. Hot wings and air hockey, doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beautiful,
    I wish I could have stayed for the air hockey but since I already beat you in Crazy Eights that would be enough punshment. I am pretty good at Air Hockey! We always love seeing you, you are adorable. Praying for good results on Friday. :)
    Love you, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Dear Sweet Noel..........You continue to amaze and uplift us! THANK YOU!!! What a faith you have......."I am in God's hands!".....YES, you are! What a witness you continue to be. I know there are times we all feel like staying in bed or doing something else on Sunday, but you bring yourself and your family to church. What an example. You and your families' love for the Lord shines in all you do. We are thrilled that you like the air-hockey table. Your grandma Diana and I use to have some pretty heated games. Someday we'll play a game for you and let you laugh at us. We love you and consider it an honor to be thought of as part of your family. Get out and enjoy another beautiful day in the North County. Lots of LOVE and HUGS, Paul & Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok so i tried to post something earlier and it wouldn't work so lets hope this one works!!

    So glad to hear you are having a good time with your family! Enjoying your pool and making more great memories with your super fun family. People ask me everyday how you are doing and i let them know how strong you are and always have been then i send them here to your blog. I just wanted you to know how priveleged i am to have such an amazing best friend like you. You have always been there for me. Whenever I need you most i know i can always count on you. I love you so much and i just want you to know how awesome it is to have a life-long friend like you. Can't wait to live in our "dream home" together! haha, can't wait to see you again Noey. I am so glad our "look-alike aunties" met so we could meet and be best friends as well! I am blessed and so, so very priveleged to call you my best friend. Thank you Noel, thank you so much. Love you Tigra;)
    ~Rilah<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noel,

    It's Shannon , Sheila's friend. Just signed up to follow your blog. I am reading it now, working my way back. I am amazed at your strength - I know I speak for everyone when I say that. You write beautifully, not only do I read this to follow YOU, but your eloquence is just captivating to your readers.
    Thank you for sharing everything so openly, so honestly, so freely. So many are pulling, praying, and working to help you. I keep my prayers going for you, and as you know, myself and my family are here for you , no matter what the request.... we got your back, girlie !

    With Much Love,

    shannon
    (sheila's ol' friend)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Noel:

    What a beautiful young woman you've become! Never forgotten are the kindnesses you and your family extended to mine~Please know that we are sending loads of love and prayers to you daily, and will wait with you for excellent news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeeeea air hockey! miss you girly text me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I continue to read your blog...YOU R amazing!!

    Blessings & smiles,
    Ady

    ReplyDelete